Miracle of Aging


Last night I was reading an article about an old farmer who spent his entire life in great hardships and still at the age of 95, he is quite healthy and active. The articles shared some secrets of remain happy and satisfied.Well such secrets and such stories often be published in different magazines under one or other title.

The thing that captured me is the painting of an old man (as the real character might not be providing his real pictures so magazine posted a painting just add colors),

The painting represented an old man with simple rather shabby clothes, with serious countenance on face, and who is looking somewhere with an aura of sagacity.

My memory said that my eyes have seen this person before. But I did not know that where it was. Then I suddenly saw my maternal grandfather’s face in that painting. The same sagacity: the way of looking towards nowhere. The same way of sitting in a way a hawk may be sitting in isolation. But my grandfather was not a farmer. He was lawyer and teacher, who spent his life in metropolitan.Then why such resemblance.Then my memory brought another same image. The face of an old shopkeeper whom I would pass by while coming back from school. My memory got accumulated with number of resembling figures. How could a picture resemble to many faces?.

Then I got the answer. The Miracle of Old Age. The never ending astonishing experiences of life, hardships, tests, alternate happy and sad moments, and struggle make a person to shed the artificial garb of mundane life and then the age come we all start looking Alike. That is the reason that kids usually look alike at the time of birth and even in school going age. As in this initial phase that really don’t know how to struggle for their fake identities that keep them superior from others. On the other way round, an old person start shedding off this fake identity and accept the fact that all humans are alike.


Comments

WritingsForLife said…
yeah, no matter how many articles we read or lessons we are taught, I believe the best teacher is experience :-)
Robyn said…
I have noticed the similarites too but hadn't thought much further on it. I love your explanation for it and I agree 100%.
Bikram said…
absolutely true , i guess the smile is for contentment... all that hard work put over the years is paying off now .. seeing his family growing etc...

and byt the time we get old we have had for many of our personal experiences thats where we learn the most

Bikram's
Anonymous said…
Oh my God! Really? That's soo horrible! Studying Math 101, but your are an English literature student? Tsk. That's too bad. Well how's your studying? Did you find Math, uhmm.. difficult like I do?
Unknown said…
Well firstly painting was really very good. Of course, it too take me back to my school days. The image is quite similar to a 80 yr old rickshaw puller & who died in front of me.
Well difficult to interpret that the man in a pic is happy old man.
Well i think its not the miracle of old age but all about the perceptions.
If i say imagine a fairy then obviously a white skin girl came in our mind. May be the same this picture help us correlating with our untouched past. His serious face helps you creating endless resemblance & imaginations.
PICTURE SPEAKS THOUSAND TIMES THAN WORDS.
It proves again. Nice article.
Happy New Year.
Tabitha Bird said…
Life is the great teacher, hey.

Great post :)
Kat said…
nice post!! thanks for your lovely comment! :)

katslovefashion.blogspot.com
dr.antony said…
My grandmother died at the age of 106.Sometime back I had written a blog on her.Her brothers, all past a hundred,used to come walking to visit her.They lived tough lives,had little to eat,so remained healthy and active.We are in the modern era,and can get things done without moving a finger tip,eat more than needed,develope bulges around and die younger.
Contentment in life doesnt come from what you did to yourself,but comes from what good was done to others.I think there is some kind of expectations still in that old man's eyes.
Anonymous said…
Visiting you here ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Mr/Miss Attitude

A Hug